Carr China backstamp - Date??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Carr China backstamp - Date??

Admin/Platinum/IDwiki Editor Susan Phillips's Avatar

By the way, Stephanie, I love the pinks! There ought to be someone who would be thrilled with them.

About the green lines: Let us know what happens so we can feel bad if they don't sell and you want to take up a collection for your ebay fees.

Moderator/Platinum Member jerseygirl's Avatar

Susan. The shipping can be such a deal breaker on those heavy items. Shame.

On the pinks, do you recognize the Jackson China Seneca "Pink" bottomstamp? Never seen that before, though I imagine it's 50's - 60's like the rest.

~ Steph
    Stephanie

My auctions
    Visit my store JerseyGirl's Ship 2 Shore Treasures

Stephanie,
    I have at least 4 different green stripe "guys". One in particular some years back bought all my Carr green stripe because his dad was the Green Stripe painter oner. I have another guy from California (a freakin millionaire) who buys green stripe (any maker) from me all year and then picks it up when he comes to his camp here in Moosehead were I live. Another is a Trenle groupie. And another who buys all my green stripe Victor Mugs for his coffee shop. I personally have a whole set, enough for a great serving for 8 for my camp. I just bought some very unusual shaped green stripe Iroquios creamers that I just love! So greenstripe greenstripe green band is not dead.
    Sherri

Thanks Sherri

So there's hope for my green stripes finding a good home!!

~ Steph
    Stephanie

My auctions

Interesting developement,
    My husband has been staying in a cottage in Berryville,Virginia for the last 4 years on the company dime as this was only going to be a temporary assignment and I have joined him there in the winter to escape the 30 below zero temps here in our Maine home. Well, he recently took a permanent assignment and we decided to buy a house there and were just about to close on it when a title search unearthed a water dispute which our lawyer can not untangle so we have decided to take a house in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. So I just might have to declare loyalty to the WV RW manufactures so as to be in vogue in my newly adopted state.
    Howdy neighbors!
    Sherri

Sherri: Welcome to Wild Wonderful West Virginia. A Welcome Gift. Go down I-81 to Harrisonburg, Va. A lot of shops on 81. Get off at the Route 33 Exit. West about 1/4 mile is Rolling Hills Antique Shop. Go East on 33 several "Antique Shops" for about 25-30 miles. From Harper's Ferry to Harrisonburg is less than 100 miles. Nice Drive.
    Bill from WV
    My Ebay Auctions

Sherri! Welcome to the neighborhood! We split our time between VA and WV, too, and love both for lots of different reasons. It is a good life and there are plenty of good hunting grounds in both places!

I agree with you all on the green stripe. It was plentiful for a reason - it is beautiful in its simplicity!

Sweet, this is going to be fun. We really like WV, the countryside is drop dead gorgeous,the people are nice and the golf courses are fine.
    Bill, mighty good of you to direct me into Virginia !
    Sherri

Sherri: Oh, Jeez. That's right. What was I thinking!!!

OK If you make it to Harrisonburg, Stay on Route 33 West to Brandywine, West Virginia. Its about 25-30 miles, Beautiful Drive in Good Weather. On our last trip from Harrisonburg to Brandywine we saw a Black Bear beside the Road. At Brandywine you will find Schaefer Antiques. Well worth the Drive. Nice People.
    Bill from WV
    My Ebay Auctions

Like I said, nice people!

Moderator/Platinum Member apPaul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    Speaking of bargains, I picked up a box of about 25 pink coffee cups... Shell Pink (Sterling), Seneca "Pink" (Jackson), and Flamingo (Wellsville China)...($3 for the whole box).

I love a good bargain!

~ Steph

http://www.restaurantwarecollectors...._Pink_cups.jpg
    http://www.restaurantwarecollectors...._cup_names.jpg
    I think the Shell Pink by Sterling was designed by Russell Wright and is quite desirable, some people might remember several years back when a cup and saucer sold on ebay for over a hundred bucks!
    I hate being Bi-Polar It's Awesome!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Paul (apPaul)

Default Green stripe manufacturer more desireable than others?

I hope there are pink collectors out there. No saucers though. Oh well. Not much Pink Shell on eBay these days. I saw a Pink Shell demitasse and saucer sell for only $1.99. Thought it would be worth a little more than that. Jeez.

Sorry to keep on the green stripe topic, are certain manufacturers' green stripe RW more desireable than other manufacturers? Or is it just a geographic loyalty that people tend to have? I have some green stripe Victor oatmeal/ice cream bowls that are so thick and great looking, yet I can't seem to give them away on eBay. I don't get it. Winter's coming, maybe I'll just use them for my hot cereal.

Speaking of eating from RW dishes, does anyone else's family have a problem eating from "flea market" finds? It was a little tough for me at first but now I could care less. I practically boil them first, so I know they're clean, but my 11 year old daughter flatly refuses to eat from anything I buy at a yard sale or flea market. I try to tell her that at least we KNOW they're clean because I've cleaned them myself, but it's no different than eating off utensilware at restaurants (which she obviously does when we go out). There you don't know how clean the stuff really is that you're eating off of (one can only hope and pray). She won't even listen! She does one of these to me... (rolls her eyes like most pre-teens these days). My sons and husband don't care one way or the other. They're just happy to have a meal served to them!

~ Stephanie
    Stephanie

My auctions

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Phillips View Post
    OMG David. I think I have just the thing for you, smoker that you are. Don't know about Katy. And I don't know why I misspelled Trenle Blake when I first wrote about it, but this precious object is around here someplace and I think you need it: special cup
    Oh yeah, baby. I need that.
    David

Visit my Mall store, The (Top) Mark of David!

My Website

Quote Originally Posted by bsmont View Post
    OK If you make it to Harrisonburg, Stay on Route 33 West to Brandywine, West Virginia. Its about 25-30 miles, Beautiful Drive in Good Weather. On our last trip from Harrisonburg to Brandywine we saw a Black Bear beside the Road...
    I've made this drive a ton of times. Not as many times as the southern route over US 250, but a lot.

The need for good weather is an understatement, though it can be even prettier AFTER it snows. It's not too swift during snow, unless you like either sitting for several hours while they clear the six car pileup from the road or taking a 80 mile detour to avoid the wait.

Seeing the black bears by the side of the road is cool, but it's the black bears IN the road that are bothersome. Not to mention the deer. There are lots of deer.

I was in Harpers Ferry and the Eastern Panhandle in general in July and saw a lot of neat things, though most of the places were closed on a Wednesday. There's a large shop in downtown Charles Town, right on the main street that has potential, but it is pretty fully priced. For the china that they sell, they post printouts from the Replacements website next to the item to justify their prices. It's worth going to to see the statue they have of The Wolf from the Tex Avery cartoons. I don't know where it came from (maybe a miniature golf course), but it's one of those things that's neat to see and would be cool to own if you could ever figure out where you would put it or what you would do with it!

(for those of you not instantly familiar with The Wolf, there's a picture of him here: http://www.texavery.com/ )

There's also a place in Charles Town that sells restored vintage restaurant and soda fountain fixtures, like stools, counters, jukeboxes, etc. Pricey, but first class stuff for wealthy folks' rec rooms.
    David

Visit my Mall store, The (Top) Mark of David!

My Website

Stephanie:

We eat off of our restaurantware everyday. I've tossed my "upscale department store dishes" in lieu of my Glo-Tan. It holds up better to the day-to-day rigors of our household and looks great coming out of the dishwasher.

My preschooler wouldn't think of rolling her eyes (yet...I know that day is coming!). For now, she is a practiced "flipper" already and is always asking "Mom, is this Carr China?" I figure I better raise her to appreciate all this stuff, as I need someone to leave it to!

+ Reply to Thread