Alliance Vitrified China Company
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alliance Vitrified China Company

Bronze Member

Default Alliance Vitrified China Company

I am trying to find Alliance Vitrified China Company (AVCO)to purchase. I believe the pattern i need is called Danube and the pattern is a blue hanging vine. If any one has any information about this please email me at Annalisa DiSalvo@ aol.com Thanks!

Default Welcome to the RWCN!

Annalisa,

Welcome to the RWCN! I think that you'll find this a friendly, helpful forum.

I'm of little help except to report that this company operated from 1918 to the 1930's in Alliance, Ohio. This is from page 590 of RESTAURANT CHINA Identification & Value Guide for Restaurant, Airline, Ship & Railroad Dinnerware Volume 2 By Barbara J. Conroy. This author is very knowedgable & active in this forum.

Jeff

Gone But Not Forgotten dbstoneware's Avatar

Default AVCO...........

Hi Annalisa,

Welcome to the RWCN!! There are several places where you might find your china; you can do a search on eBay, or you can go to www.replacements.com where they have millions of pieces of china that you can search for on-line. Another replacement house is www.setyourtable.com. The two latter replacement houses can be pricey; but they might very well have the pattern you are looking for.

On eBay, you can always do a search for AVCO (under Pottery & Glass) and see what it brings up, and then check them for your pattern. Sometimes the people listing the items are very knowledgable and will place the name of the pattern on their listing.

Hope this helps you a bit........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dick

Bronze Member

Default AVCO China

Jeff, thanks for the information. I will keep looking! Thanks again.
    sincerely,
    Annalisa

Gone But Not Forgotten dbstoneware's Avatar

Default AVCO..............

Hi Annalisa,

I checked replacements.com and they do have a pattern called "Danube" listed; but unfortunately they have nothing listed under "Danube." I also checked setyourtable.com and they sent me off to edish.com (another replacement service). You might want to check edish.com and see what they have to offer.

I wish you the best in hunting down the "Danube" pattern.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dick

dusting off an old post.
    is this "blue hanging vine?"
    3 inches round, 2 inches high

+ Reply to Thread