W.T. Grant's "The Skillet" Coffee cups with brown band with skillets wanted
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W.T. Grant's "The Skillet" Coffee cups with brown band with skillets wanted

Bronze Member

Default W.T. Grant's "The Skillet" Coffee cups with brown band with skillets wanted

I am looking for some pyrex coffee cups from Grant's Department Stores restaurant called "The Skillet". They would be white with a Brown Band that has skillets and spoons in the pattern.

Moderator/Platinum Member apPaul's Avatar

welcome! here is what the pattern looks like if someone would like to know:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Corning-DE...item51b5e33774
    I hate being Bi-Polar It's Awesome!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Paul (apPaul)

Default Skillet Cups ...

Good Morning Chief Brody,

I might be able to help you out. I have some of these cups (if it is the pattern Paul linked to). I don't recall exactly how many. Are you looking for tea cups or mugs, I have both (more mugs)?

Also are you sure that thse are from W. T. Grants? I've long suspected as much, but unable to document it. I also have pieces in the blue Bradford House pattern from Grants. I grew up near Binghamton, NY, we had three Grants stores. Two had Bradford House restaurants, the closest & smallest one had a Skillet, but used the Bradford House china. It did have singage like the the grill plates on ebay. I'd be happy to be to positively ID this Pyrex pattern. I'm working with two Pyrex authors to provide information abot Pyrex restaurant ware for their books.

Please get back to me!
    Jeff

Default Skillet Cups

Good Morning Again Chief Brody,

Now that it is day light, I was able to check and I have 2 tea cups and 5 mugs in this pattern. I want to keep one of each, so I have 1 tea cup & 4 mugs (not all perfect shape) to spare.
    Jeff

Bronze Member

Is the "tea cup" the round shallow coffee cup?

If so, I would be interested in one...maybe one mug too.

I can definitely verify that this pattern was used by W.T. Grants "Skillet" Restaurants. I went to them as a young child with my parents, my dad actually worked there in maybe 1968 or so.

Let me know how much and how I can contact you.

Bronze Member

I actually have a teaspoon that has the "Skillet" logo engraved in the handle that Mom "borrowed" and never took back....I've kept it all these years...it's my favorite spoon for stirring a tall glass of chocolate milk....or eating pudding....kid stuff isn't it? It reminds me of home a long. long time ago.
    The "Skillet" later got replaced by Bradford House and then they went bankrupt. I remember eating there when it was Bradford House also.

Bronze Member

It's faded...but here it is...the saucer and the spoon...both from the W.T. Grants Skillet in Decatur, Alabama

Default Skillet Pieces

Good Morning Chief Brody,

Your documentation is great. Thank you! You spoon is very similar to the Bradford House flatware, I've seen. I've long suspected this pattern was from Grants Skillet, but was unable to document it. Do you remember what other shapes the Skillet used? I've only seen the tea cups, mugs, grill plates, and your saucer.

You can reach me at jeffinpcny at earthlink dot net (squeeze totegther etc.) or by RWCN messaging. We can work out something. And yes, the round shallow cup is what I'm calling a tea cup.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.
    Jeff

Bronze Member

I've seen this, and didn't know what it was...I will definitely be on the look out!

+ Reply to Thread